Kelly half-slip, take two.

Many thanks to Heather from whereheathergrows.com for her comment that inspired me to take another try at the waistband of my half slip for the Kelly skirt pattern.

She suggested lingerie elastic to cut down on bulk and I thought this sounded like a great idea, but wasn't sure how to go about making a waistband like this, so I started doing some more research and I found a really helpful Craftsy tutorial on how to make a half slip.

It turns out I happened to have some lingerie elastic trim I bought at a thrift store in Grants Pass so I took a second try at it tonight and I am thrilled with the results! The gathers are tighter and much less bulky.


Here's a before and after comparison to show the difference. It also feels much nicer to wear.
Thanks so much to the Heather and to Craftsy for tips & inspiration to do something I have never done before and to improve the fit, quality, and comfort of a garment that I will get a lot of use from this fall and winter.  I know I would not have figured this out so neatly on my own!

Comments

  1. I am so glad it worked out for you!! And how cool that they have a tutorial on Crafsy, plus you had the elastic in stash! It was meant to be! Glad you are happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment