2019 Make Nine and other plans




1. Strata Top from Sew Liberated Patterns.  Simple kimono sleeve tee - I imagine this to become a TNT and layer well under or over Metamorphic Dresses. 

2. Hinterland Dress by Sew Liberated Patterns - Short-Sleeved and 3/4 Sleeved with no placket, and maxi tank version with full button placket. Just to get started! (Confession: I've started with wearable muslins of this dress over my winter holiday staycation time & I think it's going to be a super TNT after I finish refining the bodice fit... Currently on my 3rd attempt, which is a redo of my first attempt.  2nd attempt actually turned out wearable.)
3.) Ogden Cami by True / Bias  Carry-over from 2018 Make Nine... I still want to make this, just didn't get to it this summer and then I wanted to switch to Fall and Winter makes for the rest of 2018.
 4.) Charlie Caftan by Closet Case Patterns - would have to buy this pattern, but I love caftans so much, just not the fabrics that vintage ones are made from - usually polyester.  I have a couple of vintage cottons in mind for a long and a short one for summer... and I would love to make a winter maxi version in cotton flannel.
5.) Gypsum Skirt by Sew Liberated Patterns. View B (yes - the one without the awesome giant pocket detail) - I've made 3 Gypsum Skirts, View A, and I loved them over summer - but those fabulous pockets didn't layer up very well with sweaters on my pear shape... so I think some all year versions with side seam pockets would be great in 2019.  Probably will start with a chambray or light denim version. 
 6.) Zinnia Skirt by Colette Patterns - I bought this pattern as a birthday present to myself in 2016 and never made it. I think it would be flattering and I love those pocket details - high time to make it in 2019!
7.) Scout Tee by Grainline Studio I bought a paper version of this pattern as a souvenir/birthday present to myself last year.  I would like to try it out, though the Strata top might end up being my first TNT choice for a top, this one also looks like it could be really nice to add to my TNT basics.

8.) Matcha Top by Sew Liberated Patterns, sleeveless & sleeved versions.  I really like the details on this top.

9.) ???? I don't have a ninth pattern yet. Leaving room for inspiration to strike.

Other sewing plans for the year ahead include more Metamorphic Dresses and Gypsum Skirts, View A from the 2018 Make Nine...

I have black and white houndstooth wool and some floral poly left over from my Hinterland wearable muslin to use for the lining for another winter Metamorphic Dress. I made one this month that I haven't blogged (yet?) It's one of my favorite makes ever.  It's on Instagram.  I also have a black and white crazy toile and ikat one in my head that I think will become real sometime in 2019.

I would also like to use the Madeline slip bodice that I got to a good place last spring as the basis for a black gauze multi layer sundress.  I have about 6 yards of black cotton gauze in my stash to use for this idea.

Other than that, for my ninth make (if I get to all the rest in 2019) I might make my Three's a Charm Jacket from 2018 Make Nine, since I already have the pattern or I might purchase the Arenite pants pattern and go really outside my comfort zone... or maybe I'll even knit a black cardigan for my last item.  I am still waiting to decide till a little further into 2019.

Mostly I think I'll be making multiples of my 2019 Make Nine patterns and my favorite TNTs from last year.  And that makes me happy. 

Comments